background image via
Hello again, friends! It’s me, Kaitlyn, this neglected little blog’s creator and editor, and I couldn’t be more excited to be back in action :)
I could (and probably will) write an entire post on how missing one blog post turned into a 3-month hiatus, but, until then, I’ll keep things short and sweet.
Somewhere in between life’s craziness—moving apartments, house hunting to no avail, back-to-back weekend trips, birthday celebrations, the list goes on—my priorities shifted and my blogging momentum fell to the wayside. One missed post turned into two, two into three and so on and so forth until I didn’t know how or when to jump back in. In that time I quickly learned that creativity, like any muscle, needs exercise--and mine was itching to be used!
I missed the routine, creative outlet and inspiration that blogging brings to my life, and last, but certainly not least, I missed interacting with you all! I’ve been blown away by the kind words and encouragement I’ve received from you and am so ready to get back in the ball game. I have a lot of fun projects coming up and am excited to add new projects and series into the mix.
Although I’ve been MIA around here, I haven’t been twiddling my thumbs. A catch up is long overdue so I thought I’d kick off the week with a little bit of what I’ve been up to lately.
- Lots and lots of boat days ending with happy hours on Shem Creek.
- A fun bachelorette party with some favorites to celebrate a sweet friend's upcoming wedding.
- The lovely ladies at Swell Caroline treated me to this pretty pineapple necklace and I immediately fell in love with the new-to-me brand! Swell Caroline jewelry is sophisticated--but affordable--and focuses on all things bright and colorful. Huge shout out to my best for the initial ring holder that has been keeping it safe!
- Trips to Capers Island to grill out and stay until sunset--my favorite kind of day.
- I got to join G on a work trip to Omaha where we had the chance to meet Warren Buffet and hear him speak during dinner! It was an amazing experience and I was blown away by how sharp (and funny!) Mr. Buffet was. He's pushing 85 and did not skip a beat!
- The next weekend G pulled off the surprise of a lifetime--we're engaged! He was able to keep me clueless and proposed at Lake Jocassee, where we go on vacation with his family every summer. To say we are excited is an understatement! He did great :)
- My best came to visit for a good friend's wedding and we had so much fun dancing, celebrating and reuniting!
- I got to meet my cousin's third baby and spent an unreasonable amount of time obsessing over his chunky cheeks and stealing snuggles. He is the most perfect and chill little guy!
I really appreciate all the support and patience from y'all during my time off! Cheers to being back to the blog :) Have a great Monday!
Now it is your turn--what have you been up to? Any big news? I'd love to hear about what is going on in your lives! Please share in the comment section below :)